Longwall mining is a challenging, potentially dangerous process that requires the use of the best equipment to ensure efficient, safe coal extraction.
If you operate a longwall mining operation in Kentucky, Southern Indiana, West Virginia or Southeastern Ohio, Boyd CAT is your one-stop heavy equipment headquarters. Our extensive underground mining equipment inventory includes a complete selection of longwall machinery from Caterpillar®.
You’ll Find the Right Cat® Equipment for the Job
Our assortment of Cat underground mining equipment includes:
- Shearers: Cat shearers are designed and built to provide superior driving and cutting force, while also featuring industry-leading automation that includes easy configuration for customized shearer operation.
- Plow systems: Cat plow systems are the leading choice for seams under 5.9 ft. They provide a maximum capacity of nearly 4,000 tons per hour and offer the option for fully automated operation.
- Roof supports: Caterpillar manufactures roof supports that are adaptable to all types of hard-coal mining conditions. They’ve also been thoroughly tested for safety and reliability and to ensure they provide long service life.
- Roof support carriers: Cat roof support carriers come in a wide range of sizes and power capacities. They provide the superior lifting power you need for transporting roof supports easily and safely.
- Mining controls: Mining controls enable automated operation of many longwall mining procedures. These user-friendly control systems will increase productivity and optimize equipment use, while also minimizing the need to place workers in potentially dangerous underground mining conditions.
- CST drive systems: Cat CST drive systems for longwall mining are specifically designed and engineered to transport huge loads, while also withstanding the substantial load changes that frequently occur during underground mining operations.
- Armored face conveyors: Caterpillar produces a complete line of armored face conveyors featuring advanced conveyor technology to deliver maximum capacity, high drive power, high availability and reliability.
Learn More About How Cat Underground Mining Equipment Can Benefit Your Longwall Operation
Boyd CAT has 17 convenient Kentucky, Southern Indiana, West Virginia and Southeastern Ohio locations where you can get a closer look at our full lineup of Cat longwall mining machines. Feel free to stop by today. You can also learn more by reviewing the equipment product descriptions.